If you are planning a trip to Paris there are some sites you have to add to your list of must see destinations. Whether you want shopping, cultural experiences, dining opportunities, or a romantic getaway, here are the ten places you need to look at when you plan a trip and stay at one of the great apartments or other lodgings offered on HouseTrip:
- The Eiffel Tower-is known the world over and has become the symbol of France. It is made of wrought iron lattice beams and it located on the Champ de Mars in Paris, France. Named for the engineer Gustave Eiffel it is a popular destination for those who visit the region.
- The Louvre-or as it is commonly called the Louvre Museum is known as the world’s largest museum and the biggest and most popular historic monuments in the city of Paris. It’s located on the Right Bank of the Seine River and is a globally recognized landmark for the area.
- Notre-Dame Cathedral-or as it is simply called by many Notre-Dame, is a one of the famous landmarks for the city. This historic Catholic cathedral is located on the East side of Île de la Cité in the fourth arrondissement of Paris and sees thousands of visitors annually.
- The Arc de Triomphe de l’Étoile-is perhaps one of the popular and most famous monuments of the city. Found in the centre of the Place Charles de Gaulle, it is at the western edge of Champs-Élysées and is a popular back drop for photos and romantic stolen kisses.
- The Musée d’Orsay-is one of the many wonderful museums that can be found in Paris, France, an it is located on the left bank of the Seine. It is housed in what once was the Gare d’Orsay, a Beaux-Arts railway station that was completed in1900 and now sees thousands of visitors every day.
- Disneyland Paris-once known by the name of Euro Disney Resort, it is an fun getaway located in Marne-la-Vallée, just 32 km east of the centre of Paris. It is known now as the most visited theme park not just in France, but in all of Europe.
Wherever you want to go on your trip, spending a few days in Paris can make any European trip all the more memorable and enjoyable. Find the perfect place to stay while you tour the city by heading over to HouseTrip and find the perfect place to kick back and relax after a busy day around Paris, France!