Medical SEO can help improve your website’s visibility on the internet through online promotions of your brand. SEO involves strategies that enable your site to rank high in search results, thus attracting more users to visit your virtual clinic.
Increasing your site visitors is crucial to improving the traffic potential patients for your hospital or clinic. As such, a medical SEO campaign is worth your investment.
Here are some tips to help you get started with your medical SEO campaigns.
Start with Careful Keyword Research
Promoting your medical clinic online begins with SEO keyword research.
Keyword research means looking for words that your target audience may use on search engines to find your medical services. You can conduct keyword research by using Google Trends or Google AdWords. These two applications provide helpful information on how many people use a particular phrase and the level of competition among similar medical companies.
You can start your research by typing some keywords that best describe your brand and how people refer to your services. Choose at least three keywords that you will use in your medical SEO campaigns.
Create Your SEO Digital Marketing Campaign
Once you’re done researching keywords that you will use, you can start creating your SEO digital marketing campaign. Here are some things you should do when creating your digital marketing campaign.
- List topics. After you’ve completed your keyword research, make a list of the topics, including long-tail keywords, that you’ll cover on your website and in other channels. These are the topics you will write about in your content and what your other content types will cover, such as videos and images.
- Build pillar pages. The pillar page is typically a description or overview of a topic. Create a separate page for each long-tail keyword. Remember that you will link to these pillar pages from your other posts.
- Set up a blog section. If you don’t have a blog section yet, create one. Blogs allow you to leverage your keywords while providing valuable content to your target clients. Create new blogs on a regular basis so that you can always rank high in the SERPs. You can write stories that are directly related to the topic of your content pages or tangential topics to offer your readers something different.
- Create a calendar. Consistency is key to the success of your campaign. Post blog regularly. Make sure you have content prepared for special occasions. Define a schedule, like weekly, for posting. This way, your audience can make a habit of visiting your pages.
- Plan how internal linking. Which blogs and pillar pages would link to each other? Strategic internal linking helps Google in making sense of your entire website, not just a single page.
Planning the content campaign saves you from the stress of creating materials at the last minute. More importantly, it helps you in organizing content and making it coherent.
According to Digital Authority Partners, launching your first SEO campaign can be difficult. You’ll receive audience responses that could hit or miss your expectations. Still, with proper planning and keeping up with updates in SEO strategies, you’ll find that a properly planned campaign will be rewarding.
Write Healthcare Blogs
Drive traffic to your site by creating interesting and highly informative healthcare blogs. Update your readers on the latest in healthcare or give them advice. Here are some tips for doing this.
- Create a list and schedule of topics that you will cover to avoid duplicate content on your website.
- Use the primary and secondary keywords you’ve discovered from your keyword search.
- Sprinkle some related keywords as well to help search engine algorithms understand your content.
- Add authority to your site by asking your clinic’s doctors to write medical content or articles. These articles will help people understand more about medical treatments or surgeries.
The more insightful content that you have on your website, the higher the chance that people will click your pages. Invest in enriching your blog pages and see how it can boost your SEO marketing efforts.
Conduct National and Local SEO Marketing
People in your community are the ones who will most likely need your service. Consider them in your campaign. Ideally, simultaneously leverage the latest local marketing strategies and national ones. To do this, try the following.
- Run a community survey and ask what healthcare concerns locals have.
- Summarize these concerns into a list, and create a digital marketing report alongside an SEO campaign that addresses their needs.
- Integrate your local marketing proposal with your national strategic goals and develop a holistic campaign that caters to your wider audience and immediate community.
As you go far in your target population reach, you will notice that people in the neighborhood are developing relationships with your medical staff. Value these moments and build a brand loyalty program for your patients.
Invest in Video Social Media Marketing
More than two-thirds of internet users aged 16 to 24 use entertainment and video apps, according to We Are Social. Leveraging video social media marketing would be a reasonable investment.
Create a video about keywords you’ve researched, and be sure to do the following.
- Invite more people to watch the video.
- Engage your viewers by responding to their comments. This helps make your video viral.
- Integrate the video in your other digital marketing campaigns like social media posts.
Entice your social media followers to visit your website as well with catchy copies to go with your videos. This will help your pages rank in the SERP as well.
Getting started with your medical SEO campaign can be thrilling and challenging at the same time. However, if you are new to SEO and you think doing it yourself will get in the way of your practice, it’s best to get a social media manager to handle your campaign.
You and your social media manager should draw a clear picture of your goals and target market. This image will underpin your keyword research, content planning, and other techniques. Ultimately, you should have a coordinated effort aimed at expanding your practice.